We are looking for someone or an organization willing to get in charge of the openBmap project as we still have contributors and users.
'Getting in charge of the openBmap project' means hosting the server in charge of the raw data processing, launching the process every day, performing the database backups...
More details about the configuration necessary to host the project is available on the wiki in the global architecture paragraph
If you are interested or if you know someone that could be interested, do not hesitate to contact us for a more detailed discussion.
The current planning
is the following:
- *** initial announcement to find an organization or an individual to bring home the full project
- *** post on openstreetmap forum to find a hoster
- *** send a mail to all the openBmap contributors to find a hoster
- *** collect raw data and generate maps will be performed every three days instead of everyday
- *** collect raw data, raw data being not processed (map not generated)
- *** new openBmap main page with raw data, generated data available
- *** online API closed
- *** stop collection of raw data - main page announcement